July 15, 2015

20 Signs That You're Living The #WritersLife



Some days, just for fun, I sit around and think about all of the reasons I know I'm a writer.  In fact, one time I was so bored that I actually compiled a list of these reasons.  Since writers tend to have a lot of these things in common, I decided to post that list here for all to see.  So, next time you feel like posting about your life as a writer, you'll have plenty of options to choose from.

Also, for all of my friends and family, you can take this as fair warning.  This is who I am, and if you didn't know before, you're about to find out what goes through my mind on a daily basis.

Ready... Set... Go!

1. Maps of the Twin Cities, lists of abandoned buildings, and diagrams of bullet entry and exit wounds found on your laptop.  Not a criminal.  #writerslife



2. Seeing all your favorite books on someone's shelf = instant friendship.  #writerslife



3. Having a really awesome idea for brand new complex book series that you know would be a bestseller, but feeling way too lazy to do all the research for it.  #writerslife



4. Sweater weather, better weather.  #writerslife



5. Introverts, unite!  (Individually.  Maybe through a text message.)  #writerslife



6. Just about any life situation can be justified when thought of as "research for story accuracy".  #writerslife



7. Wishing there was a less damaging way to experience a certain wound so that you could write about it more accurately.  #writerslife



8. Walking through a cemetery with a notebook to find interesting character names.  #writerslife



9. John Green quotes.  #writerslife



10. Shoulder pains from carrying notebooks and chapter books in your bag all day. #writerslife



11. Going to the chiropractor instead of removing said books from your bag.  #writerslife



12. Some days my ideal lifestyle looks like a hermit with a really nice library.  #writerslife




13. Having a job where telling people to go away is a "good business move".  #writerslife



14. Which character should I be today?  Not that one, he's getting stabbed in the next chapter.  #writerslife



15. Staying in your pjs till noon because you're immersed in your story world is considered dedication.  #writerslife



16. Sometimes I spend all day writing #writerslife jokes in my journals because I have writers block. #writerslife



17. Wanting a house to be your library, and a library to be your house.  There is no difference. #writerslife



18. No plot, no problem!  #writerslife



19. I'm not messy, I'm creatively organized. #writerslife



20. Talking to yourself in different personalities isn't schizophrenia, it's character development.  #writerslife




Do you have any #writerslife stories to contribute?  I would love to hear them!  Let me know in the comments, and maybe I'll use them in my next #writerslife post!

No comments:

Post a Comment