September 3, 2016

My Prayer For Him...



Hello, ladies and gents!

I am totally blown away!  Usually my posts get, on average, about 50-80 views.  Sometimes as low as 30.  You know that last post about the Nice Guys?  276...  You heard me.

TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-SIX.

Guys, that's insane!  Not only that, but my blog has had consistent views every single day, which has never happened before.  Thank you all so much for actually taking an interest in the random ramblings that go through my mind!  I never actually thought that people would read my stuff, but I guess that's how I know God's the one giving me words.  He's so good!

And, since that post obviously hit home with quite a few people, it actually gave me some inspiration. On that note, I'll get to the point of this post so I can explain :)

So, lately I've been writing song lyrics.  I've always liked music, and I have songs going through my head on the daily.  But I've never really written songs before.  Suddenly, over the past few months, I have new songs pop into my head constantly.

It's never a full song.  More like bits and pieces of different lyrics that could possibly fit together.  But still.  I usually jot them down in my journal and, if I have time, sing the tune into the audio recorder on my iPod.

Well, as fate would have it, around a few weeks ago I came to a realization.  I wanted a better way to remember to pray for my future husband, because I had been feeling like I wasn't praying for him enough and didn't know how to change that.  Every time I sat down to pray the words just wouldn't come.  There was so much to cover, and so many other things on my mind.  Usually when this happens I try to find a song with similar lyrics to what I'm trying to pray for, and then I sing.  Adding music helps me concentrate, and I feel more in the moment with God.  That's when my search began, to find a song that I could sing to pray for my hubby.

The only problem was, as many Christian songs as there are about waiting for marriage and "what she wants in a Godly man", I couldn't find a single one that specifically prayed for the guy.  I was surprised to say the least.

So...in the course of two days, I wrote one for myself.

It's the first song I've ever finished all the way through, and I sing it almost every day now.  It constantly directs my heart to pray for that man that God is saving for me.  I'm not sure if I'll ever post a video of me singing this song, because I'm an introvert with anxiety and singing in front of a camera doesn't mix well with those things.  But for now I wanted to at least post the lyrics that God so clearly placed on my heart, just in case other girls needed a simple way to pray as well.  Ok, well, no more stalling...  This is "My Prayer For Him."


There's a name written on my heart
I'm not sure how many letters
Or even where it starts

But, God, there's something that I have to say
Whether I meet him next week
Or I know him today

You see, forever is a long time
And only You can make it right

That's why I wanted to pray


(Chorus)
I pray he stands up in the face of the lions
Trusting you won't let him 
Stand there alone

When the weight of the world's on his shoulders
I pray he rests in your strength
Instead of bearing it all on his own

I pray he never gives up
Gives in to love
And believe even when hope is dim

This is my prayer for him


He won't be perfect, I  know
We've all got heavy burdens
And pasts to let go

So, Lord, give me patience and grace
To love him like you
On the good and bad days

I just need to trust you
Set my heart on what's true

Even when life starts to rain

- Chorus -

This is my prayer for...

(Bridge)
His trials and his heartaches
When life is more than he can take
And when he's facing a closed door

Even when he's close to you
In joyfulness and solitude
Just let him know he's prayed for

- Chorus -

There's a name written on his heart
It's spelled just like mine
Though he has no clue where it starts

Loving me isn't quite so easy
That's why I've come to you
And I'm down on my knees

I'll just keep on serving you
Like I always strive to do

Until two become one out of three

And meanwhile, meanwhile

Maybe he's praying for me


Father, this is my prayer.  Keep his heart and mind filled with your presence.  Help him to fight for purity, live for truth, and stand up for those who can't stand up for themselves.  I pray that his eyes see the good, and that when he finds darkness his first response would be to get on his knees and talk to you.  I pray for a warrior straight out of Ephesians, clothed in your armor, that he would not hesitate before charging into battle by my side.  Give him courage to face the demons, and the determination to overcome them.  Most of all, I pray that you would grow me and mold me into a woman that kind of man would want to pursue.  Help us to see you in each other, and to take every opportunity to give you glory in our triumphs and shortcomings.  All I desire is to love you more every day.  Teach me to love like you.

Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment